The Atomic Absorption Spectrometer is a high preformance automated instrument to meet the requirements of the modern laboratory. Due to its versatility and performance it can be used for a wide range of applications including : Agriculture, Clinical, Environmental, Food, Metal, Mining and Petrochemical. The graphite furnace tube is cooled efficiently by an optional water circulation system.
The Instrument is available in three configurations :
- AA500F : The Instrument is equipped with a Flame Atomiser only. 3 Flames are available with the air/acetylene as standard configuration and N2O / acetylene or air/LPG(natural gas) available as an option. All 3 Flame configurations offer coded burner for Full safety protection.
- AA500G : The Instrument is equipped with a Graphite Furnace Atomiser only. The Graphite head is fixed into the optical path to maximise performance and eliminate drift. The transversally heated graphite tube is efficiently heated and cooled due to the precision feedback system.
- AA500FG : The Instrument is equipped with both Flame and Graphite Furnace Atomiser’s as detailed in the previous description. Both configurations are installed into the instrument and can be changed over by a simple selection in the versatile AAWin software.
- New type cube-comer Michelson interferometer features smaller size and more compact structure, providing higher stability and less sensitive to vibrations and thermal variations than conventional Michelson interferometer.
- Fully sealed damp and dust proof interferometer, adopting high performance, long lifetime sealing material and desiccator, ensures higher adaptability to the environment and increases accuracy and reliability in operation . Viewable window for silica gel enables observation and replacement.
- High intensity IR source adopts a reflex sphere obtain even and stable IR radiation.
- Absorption and Emission modes are standard as well as peak height, peak area, sequential and manual integration modes.
Flame Atomiser Features
3 flame systems are available. Air/acetylene is the standard configuration with the N2O/acetylene and Air/LPG as options
- AIr / Acetylene
- This flame use a 100mm single slot burner for standard configuration.
- The high sensitivity (Cu 2ppm > 0.28A) is due to the efficiency of the fixed position glass nebuliser fitted as standard. An resistant replacement is available as an option.
- N2O/Acetylene : The Burner for this gas has a 50mm slot and is used to measure elements less prone to ionization such as : Aluminium, Tin, Titanium, Calcium and Vanadium. The Switchover from air/acetylene and flame off is fully computer controlled.
- Air/Propane (LPG)
- This flame uses a 3 slot burner and with the low pressure requirement it is also much safer to operate. Due to the lower temperature it is ideal for analysing alkali metals such as Potassium, sodium and lithium, especially when used in the Emission mode.
- There are some remote areas in the world that have difficulty obtaining acetylene or even a high enough purity to operate the flame, so LPG can give a real alternative and offer comparable results throughout the wavelength range.
- Safety Features
- Gas Pressure Monitoring for all gasses
- Burner Identification
- Drain Trap level Sensor
- Gas Leak Detector
- Safety cut off switch
The integrated graphite furnace atomiser is available in 2 formats :
- In the AA500G instrument the graphite furnace head is fixed Into the light path.
- In the AA500FG instrument the graphite furnace head is fixed behind the flame atomiser assembly and is motorised into position by a simple operation in the AA Win software.
Furnace head Design
- The Transverse head is heated and cooled effciently due to the feedback system and has been designed to reduce analytical probles normally associated with this type of technique.
- Pyrolyticallyt coated graphite tubes are used as standard and are manufactured to improve performance as well as increase the analytical life.
- Platform Tubes Supplied as standard and will accept volumes up to 20ul.
Heating Program : Up to 10 heat stages are available. These can be set up and stored in the AA-WIn Software.
- Argon Gas Pressure Sensor
- Water Flow Sensor
- Over Temperature Sensor